Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Ok so I have done some experimenting and have realised that it will be better to just make the segment of the whole subway one piece this does sacrifice on quality a little bit but performance wise it is allot better and I don’t have any problems with gaps in the planes once it gets imported into unity. So one segment is modelled and the train tracks are as well I also need to do a seat so ill get some reference for it now. While I'm doing that I might model the pylons that will give the subway its believable structural integrity. As far as seats were concerned I was thinking of a combination of the three below with possibly less wood panels to reduce pollies a quick estimate of the object and I have calculated it to be around 300 at the maximum pollies well I am going to model it now and see how many I can make.





1 comment:

  1. Ok the pylon is finished just about to export it to ensure it is of an appropriate size all in all it is about 230 pollies, it was hard to keep the poly count down on a cylindrical object , anyway it looks good and should be great once textured being a small object it should come out looking nice because the uvw template will be big enough in comparison to store some detail.

    ReplyDelete